Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Neon Nail Polish ... On Me?

Well, it seems like everyone's doing the neon nail polish thing right now. So, I must talk about it.

For brown-skinned girls like myself, neon green or pink on any part of our bodies doesn't sound like the right move. I mean, who wants to walk around looking crazy, right? But, I must admit: it actually does look good. See ...





Ok, maybe not neon green for me, personally. But every color has its lighter and darker variations, so choose what works best for your skin tone.

WHERE'S THE BOOTY:
OPI has a ton of great neon colors. AND, on their website, they let you see exactly how each nail color will look on your hand, based on your specific skin color. Love it!

(But $9 for 1 bottle? Does it come with nails, too? A free nail file? Something?)

For those of us still looking for that recession-special, there's always N.Y.C. or good ol' BRUCCI. Stop acting like you don't know BRUCCI. Priced at under $3 a bottle, you might want to get to know it.

Oh, and dare I forget Liptini-Nailtini, a website that lets you create your very own customized "nail cocktail". (And boy, do I love a cocktail.)

Other options: Essie, Sinful Colors, Rescue Beauty Lounge, Claire's, Shu Uemera, Nars, Lippman Collection, and Zoya.

5 comments:

Sio M. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sio M. said...

For half off on OPI, Essie, China Glaze, and a bunch of other great brands, go to www.8ty8beauty.com

hcg said...

I hope you have a nice day! Very good article, well written and very thought out. I am looking forward to reading more of your posts in the future.

band collar shirts said...

"Great article you've written, is this your first website blog or have you been doing this a while? I'd be interested in reading some more of your things. Links please?"

Buy Anarkali Salwar Kameez said...

"if only all bloggers offered the same content as you, the internet would be a much better place."

Post a Comment