Monday, November 14, 2011

Beauty Booty Inspiration: Supermodel Liya Kebede

Liya Kebede isn't my favorite supermodel ever just because of her striking looks.

As the face of designers like Tom Ford, Dolce & Gabbana, and Yves Saint Laurent and the first black women to represent Estee Lauder, supermodel Liya Kebede has knocked down many doors in fashion for women of color. However, as a native of Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Liya has used her name to shine a light on the maternal and child health and mortality in developing countries. Says Kebede, "As an Ethiopian and a mom, I couldn't help but to be involved with the issue of maternal and child health."

Liya Kebede shows us that regardless of what your "job" might be, you can (and should) have a passion in life and develop that passion to make the world a better place.



Learn more about her charitable efforts and how you can get involved with the The Liya Kebede Foundation. You can also check out part 1 of 3 of Liya's episode of CNN Revealed.

9 comments:

credit expert said...

This international beauty was born and raised in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.

hcg said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you!

Reno Carpet Cleaning said...

Liya Kebede takes on dual looks for Sean & Seng's latest work in Pop Magazine's fall-winter issue.

Information About Dogs said...

That's a very good show to see, hopes they can make it more awesome and appealing to the kids as well.

Unknown said...

Human Hair Wigs in prettywighair

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

This is my first african american wigs My stylist added highlights and shaped and layered it. I get compliments when I wear it. I have worn it everyday since October and I am just now beginning to see some breakage and frizz. Also a little easier to get tangled. My favorite thing about this cheap wigs is that I can scrunch it while wet and air dry it for a wavy look, or I can blow dry and straighten it, but either way it looks great.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Wir haben mit den Perücke für lange Jahre verhandelt und Sie können die Qualität, Service vertrauen. Wir bieten Ihnen für jeden die passende Perrücke in unserem Perrücken kaufen!

Post a Comment